Thursday, August 27, 2009

Kale Potato Burritos

Hi,

Just wanted to do a quick post about dinner: kale and potato burritos. I sauteed some kale and potato slices, and when they were tender, I set them aside. In same pan, sauteed onion and garlic with red pepper flakes and oregano...added some re-fried beans (they didn't show up in the photo, but they're there) and stirred it all together with some Bragg's Liquid Aminos and a splash of vinegar.

I used canned re-fried beans; I would have preferred to use homemade beans, but it was a hectic day and this dinner was quick to throw together. Served with fresh tomato and pepper salsa and some avocado this was really tasty.

For tortillas, I always use Food for Life Sprouted Grain Tortillas; they have lots of good texture and flavor and are healthier than regular flour tortillas. Their bread is cool too...it's based on a recipe found in a bible scripture, which I find charming in itself.

Have a good evening!

1 comment:

  1. Rose,

    Dinner sounds great. Perfect timing for me since I just bought kale.

    We like the Food for Life tortillas too. They have a much better taste and texture than I expected.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...